Restaurant Friday: Authentic Thai Market Wilmersdorf, Berlin

by - Friday, October 17, 2014



You're still trying to figure out what to do this weekend and you happen to live or visit Berlin? Well, then I have the perfect thing for you: a very authentic Thai market, which will make you come back again and again.




I went there a couple of weeks ago and weather was still beautiful. So we grabbed some food, sat on the grass and watched the mixing and mingling happening at this colorful and vibrant place.

The Thai market in Wilmersdorf, subway station 'Fehrbelliner Platz', is a very simple market made up of little stands where mostly Thai women, but also men sit behind and sell their homemade delicious food to you. Although I STILL haven't been in Thailand (it's high up on my bucket list) my friends and many other people who did visit the country said that the place here is very authentic and food is similar to the one in Bangkok and other cities over there. Even though, I haven't visited the country yet, I am an admirer of Thai food and very much enjoyed it.

What you should definitely try is the papaya salad. They sell it at many stands and it is a perfect mix of sour, sweet and spiiiiiiicy. We also had some fried shrimps, spring rolls and I went for a little cake-like dessert - all of it being very good. For the adventurous ones among you, try fried grasshoppers, maggots and worms or other delicacies that many people apparently enjoy.

It takes place every Sunday, as long as weather is on board.

















You May Also Like

0 comments